[Xastir] Magick in openSuse 11.4

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:48:52 EDT 2011

I've been playing around a bit with openSuse 11.4.  I installed
ImageMagick, ImageMagick-devel, GraphicsMagick, libGraphicsMagick3,
and GraphicsMagick-devel, but Xastir's configure script can't seem to
find everything it needs.

checking for GraphicsMagick-config... /usr/bin/GraphicsMagick-config
checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h usability... yes
checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h presence... yes
checking for GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h... yes
checking for WriteImage in -lGraphicsMagick... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find GraphicsMagick library files:
Building w/o GraphicsMagick support. ***
checking for Magick-config... /usr/bin/Magick-config
checking magick/api.h usability... yes
checking magick/api.h presence... yes
checking for magick/api.h... yes
checking for library containing WriteImage... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***

It appears to be finding the files located in
usr/include/GraphicsMagick/magick and usr/include/ImageMagick/magick,
but I don't know what/where the "library containing WriteImage" is.

Thanks,
Lee - K5DAT