[Xastir] PHG or status text with weather?

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 15:37:04 EDT 2011

Is it possible to send PHG information or status text if you are operating a weather station with Xastir?  If so, how do you do it?  If it isn't, which I suspect, can the authors please include some capability to do this?  UI-View does it.  I like Xastir more, but aside from putting the radio in serial TNC mode and sending those type of packets from the TNC, I can't get it working on a system with Xastir which is kind of unfortunate.

The funny thing is I know these features already work with Xastir if you are operating a station without weather.  This shouldn't be hard to add, right?

Thanks guys for your great work.
Mike, AA9VI