[Xastir] PHG or status text with weather?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 20 16:27:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 01:16:40PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > You could always have a script that periodically injects a posit without
> > weather and with PHG+status into Xastir's UDP port, and that might be a good
> > work-around in the meantime.  I know that Xastir will transmit OBJECTS that it
> > receives on its UDP port with the same "From" callsign as its own, but I'm not
> > sure it will do so with ordinary posits.
>
> You could also set up Xastir on an AX.25 port and call the "beacon" command from cron to send out those additional packets using the same port.

Yeah, but I don't think there's any way to make beacon go out to a
path other than direct --- or rather, I have never actually found a way
to do it.  If you want packets to go out to WIDE2-2 or something, I think
you have to use something other than "beacon".

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey