[Xastir] PHG settings, and filtering excessive Wides

Kelly Boswell kellyboswell at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 16:23:14 EDT 2011

Earlier this month I put on my first I-gate, with my first Linux computer (thanks Pat, AE5NW for all the work), and  now I have a couple of newbie questions.
This regards XASTIR 1.9.4, running on Ubuntu 11.04.

1.)   I recently changed to a sllightly more powerful transmitter and I want to update the PHG accordingly.  I went to file/config/station, and clicked on the approprate diamond-shaped buttons to indicate the new  PHG power level (no change yet on antenna-gain or pattern--that's future).  For some reason, I can't get my change to show up on aprs dot fi.   (For whatever it may be worth, I also clicked on Save Configuration NOW after the new settings).

Please note, when checking my callsign on aprs dot fi, two concentric PGH circles appear; the larger one (light pink) which correctly shows the new values after I updated the BTEXT for digipeater KA5MGL-1.  The smaller (darker pink) shows the old value for my two-way I gate --which XASTIR hasn't updated.  Both use the same TNC and the same transmitter.  How do I make Xastir send the new values?

2.)   During a bike race last weekend I saw a mobile station running Wide 1-1, Wide 4-4 get gated through me.    I'm fine with the 1-1part.  But, I'd like to  filter out stations running anything higer than Wide 3-3.  How do I do that in Xastir?
Again, this  Xastir 1.9.4, on Ubuntu 11.04.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly, KA5MGL