[Xastir] Daily and in/hr rain totals from Davis

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 23:50:35 EDT 2012

Hi guys,
   Is anyone else seeing issues with Davis vantage Pro 2 daily and hourly rain totals not being sent either to the internet or RF properly?  When I go to View--> Own Weather Data I can see the the correct "Today's Rain Total" and the "Current Rain Total" seems to be correct.  But both pieces of data do not seem to be ported to the APRS-IS server or via RF properly.
   FYI, I am using the Davis Weatherlink for APRS and a serial data connection.  I set up the console to send the latest weather every 1 minute to the linux box.  I port out the data via RF and to APRS-IS every 15 minutes.  I am also running Xastir 2.0.1 CVS.
   Here's the funny thing... if I leave open the window for View--> Own Weather Data, the data seems right on the screen.  If I close it, the data rezero and I think THAT REZEROED DATA is what is sent to RF and the APRS-IS servers.  Somehow the data is being reset if that window is closed.  A bug?

Mike, AA9VI