[Xastir] Garmin IMG support? (was: Xastir Source control)

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:37:39 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You meant switching to git, right?-)
>>
>> Yech.
>
> Git is the future...   At least that's what most postings I'm seeing
> say.     As Tom says, change only when there's a real need - and then
> reluctantly.   I just wasn't sure if I missed something and the CVS I
> was pulling was out of date.
>
> 73
> Bill

Git is a great piece of software. I use it daily for work and personal
projects. But I've found that Mercurial with the Queues extension does
a much smoother job handling the standard open source workflow of
create code, generate patch, email patch, edit code, update patch,
email patch again. The problem is that git commits are immutable, so
you can't easily edit a patch. Mercurial's Mq extension solves this by
providing a mechanism for removing and editing commits.

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MqExtension/

Tom KD7LXL