[Xastir] Davis, Lacrosse weather code modified, need testers.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Aug 13 13:27:18 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 02:46:52PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> What I'm thinking is that the Meteo (and LaCrosse) code should be modified
> to emit the total rain (so Xastir can display total rain), but that
> Meteo/Lacrosse and Davis APRS Data Logger code should be modified so that
> Xastir uses th 24-hour, since-midnight, and 1-hour data the station provides
> directly without overwriting it.  I don't even think it will be that much work,
> just a matter of maintaining a flag that says "the data in these strings
> should not be recomputed."

I have just committed a change to wx.c and database.h that should fix the
transmission of incorrect rain rates by Xastir when using Davis or LaCrosse
weather stations.

Rather than modifying the db2aprs programs (Davis Meteo and Lacrosse), I have
taken the approach that since db2aprs (and the Lacrosse version) already
provides 24-hour and last-hour rain data, that Xastir should not overwrite
these.  Further, I have set the code up so that Davis APRS Data Logger
rain rates are used directly, instead of being overwritten with incorrectly
computed values.

I have already sent this change in private email to Mike, but ask that all
Xastir users that have weather stations do a CVS update and check that I have
not broken Xastir's handling of their own weather station (this change is
supposed to have ZERO impact on stations other than Davis or Lacrosse).

Mike, you needn't bother applying the patch I sent you if you just do a
CVS update, as I already committed the change.