[Xastir] Python

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 06:59:38 EDT 2012

Have you considered using APRS-Alert.net?  You can set up zones, listen
for specific stations, and receive alerts based on incursion, excursion,
or movement within those zones, and have messages sent to an email address
based on time of day/day of week/etc.  For example, the tracker on my high
school daughter's car:  I have a zone called "HIGH SCHOOL" set up for a
1000m radius around her high school.  I have an alert set up to send a
text message to my phone when she enters that zone between 7am and 8:30
am, another that tells me if she leaves that zone before 3pm, and another
around the house to tell me she's entered the HOME zone.
By having that email sent to a script, you can then drive all kinds of
other actions.

Just a thought (and a shameless plug for www.aprs-alert.net)

John Gorkos
AB0OO