[Xastir] Davis, Lacrosse weather code modified, need testers.

Dean Groe warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 08:57:51 EDT 2012

Sorry, I know that I had volunteered to help, but I have been kind of completely swamped.

So if I understand the problem correctly, we are trying to address the discrepancies in the four rain categories collected by Xastir.

I have noticed that there is often a few hundredths of an inch difference one way or another in the numbers.

Here it is not unusual for two spots a mile a way from each other, or even less, to have differences in rain totals between .5 and an inch, so I guess that we do not split hairs over a few hundredths with our own numbers.

I have also noticed that my Davis Vantage Pro does not do a good job of keeping time.  In fact right now, it is almost an hour off and I need to adjust it again.  Maybe that is part of the discrepancy problem?

So time permitting this weekend, I will try to do a CVS update and see what happens.

Dean  KD4TWJ