[Xastir] Xastir - ArgentData Tracker3 - DR-135T

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Aug 19 17:04:22 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 04:50:09PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <qrv at kd4e.com> flavor, containing:
> Thanks for the assist!
>
> When I enter:
>
> "/usr/sbin/kissparms  -p 2  -t 20  -s 10  -r 32  -l 20  -f n"
>
> ... the response is:
>
> "axconfig: port 1 not active"

Weird, since your port is named "2" and you've specified it as 2.  Is kissattach
running already?

Still, if you leave everything at its defaults, does axlisten show traffic
on the port?  If so, then you may not need the kissparms.  If "axlisten -a -c"
shows traffic, then you're probably good to go (btw, some distros have
"axlisten" and others just have "listen" -- debian-based distros use axlisten
because there's some other package that has a "listen" as well, and they're
trying to deconflict them).

Regardless, you need to have Xastir set up with an AX.25 interface, it's not
enough to define one outside of Xastir.