[Xastir] Xastir - ArgentData Tracker3 - DR-135T

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Aug 19 19:17:40 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 05:55:02PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <qrv at kd4e.com> flavor, containing:
> Tom,
>
> 	I edited the /etc/ax25/axports file to comment-out the
> sample entry for 1200 baud and edited the KD4E-9 entry to be
> "APRS" instead of "2" - for clarity.
>
> 	I disconnected everything, rebooted, the reconnected - clearing
> the buffers.
>
> 	I then walked through the ax25 process, concluding with
>
> "kisattach /dev/ttyACM0 APRS 12.34.56.78"
>
> then ...
>
> "/usr/sbin/kissparms  -p APRS  -t 20  -s 10  -r 32  -l 20  -f n"
> 	No error.

Good.

That was just an example.  Yuo may have to adjust the tx delay (-t) to make
sure you're getting decoded properly by your local digis.  You may have to
increase it to 50 or 100.

> 	What next, please?

1) Check that there is traffic on the ax.25 port, using "sudo axlisten -a -c"
Watch your tnc for traffic, and see if packets show up in the axlisten screen.
Don't exit with "Control-Z" that just puts it in the background.  Use control-c
to exit axlisten.  When that is working and you see incoming traffic, go to
the next step.

2) Configure an ax.25 tnc in Xastir to use the APRS port you now know works.
Tell xastir to start that interface.  Watch APRS traffic show up in Xastir.