[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 81, Issue 12

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 16:43:42 EDT 2012

Last check Tom, it looked like the previous rain in last 24 and rain since midnight issues had been rectified with wx.c v1.78 from CVS.  I'll wait for another storm, but immediately after you posted 1.78 to CVS I tried it out and my data looked correct and not improperly resetting during the entire 2 periods.  I use the Davis Weather Logger for APRS.  I recommend a Wiki update to now include this as a supported interface after the recent improvement in the wx.c code.

Thanks.

Mike, AA9VI
>________________________________

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:27:18 -0600
>From: Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org>
>To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
>Subject: [Xastir] Davis, Lacrosse weather code modified, need testers.
>
>On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 02:46:52PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
>> What I'm thinking is that the Meteo (and LaCrosse) code should be modified
>> to emit the total rain (so Xastir can display total rain), but that
>> Meteo/Lacrosse and Davis APRS Data Logger code should be modified so that
>> Xastir uses th 24-hour, since-midnight, and 1-hour data the station provides
>> directly without overwriting it.? I don't even think it will be that much work,
>> just a matter of maintaining a flag that says "the data in these strings
>> should not be recomputed."
>
>I have just committed a change to wx.c and database.h that should fix the
>transmission of incorrect rain rates by Xastir when using Davis or LaCrosse
>weather stations.
>
>Rather than modifying the db2aprs programs (Davis Meteo and Lacrosse), I have
>taken the approach that since db2aprs (and the Lacrosse version) already
>provides 24-hour and last-hour rain data, that Xastir should not overwrite
>these.? Further, I have set the code up so that Davis APRS Data Logger
>rain rates are used directly, instead of being overwritten with incorrectly
>computed values.?
>
>I have already sent this change in private email to Mike, but ask that all
>Xastir users that have weather stations do a CVS update and check that I have
>not broken Xastir's handling of their own weather station (this change is
>supposed to have ZERO impact on stations other than Davis or Lacrosse).
>
>Mike, you needn't bother applying the patch I sent you if you just do a
>CVS update, as I already committed the change.
>
>--
>Tom Russo? ? KM5VY?  SAR502?  DM64ux? ? ? ? ? http://www.swcp.com/~russo/
>Tijeras, NM? QRPL#1592 K2#398? SOC#236? ? ? ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM
>"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is
>one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh,
>oooh, the sky is the limit!"? --- The Tick

Message: 2