[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:53:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:

> 	The Tracker 3 comes with a USB port - so no adapter is
> needed.

Which means your USB -> Serial adapter is built onto the TNC board and you may have the same sorts of problems I did:  USB stops communicating sometimes to the Linux box.  USB port moving from USB0 to USB1 or back again.

> 	It would be cool if that "init KISS mode at startup"
> switch would - when Xastir is first opened - cause a script to
> execute and run Minicom then set "USBKISS on" and exit then
> open Xastir.

There's no reason you can't create a script to do that yourself, which then runs Xastir:

---
   #!/bin/bash

   minicom blah blah options blah blah

   xastir &
---

Also take a look at the "kiss-off.pl" script in xastir/scripts/ directory...  You may be able to do something similar and code that into your Xastir startup script, avoiding use of Minicom to set things up.  Does the TNC come out of KISS mode when you reset it?  I'm trying to figure out whey you'd constantly need to put it into KISS mode.  If possible, just put it in that mode and forget about it.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u