[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:24:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:

> 	Is it an indicator of concern that Xastir repopulates
> IGate-RF Path with "WIDE2-1" when Igate hs been turned off and
> I have previously cleared that field?

It must be seeing no entry for the field in the config file (because you blanked it out) so it is adding the normal default one for you.  If the igate is off then it has no effect.

> 	It does not do it if I go in and out of the Interface
> Control window but does it when I close then reopen Xastir -
> so I am presuming that it is drawing from a default settings
> file somewhere.

It reads from the file on startup.  If you've blanked an entry that has a coded default, the default will take effect at that point.

> 	Could that file also be injecting a setting that is
> causing the Rx problem?

Unlikely.  Is it possible that you're beaconing from the TNC itself instead of Xastir, therefore your TX settings "appear" to be correct, but really you've got no serial communication between Xastir and the TNC?  I know the Tracker2/Tracker3 TNC's have the capability to beacon on their own, even when in KISS mode.  I have a couple of Tracker2's.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.  -Stephen Hawking