[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:31:51 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM, qrv at kd4e.com <qrv at kd4e.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
>         I am really hoping there is a more-simple solution than
> to have to wrestle with yet more variables (WINE or a MS version
> of windows).  Sigh.
>
>         I have asked Scott at ArgentData about the Rx sensitivity
> setting and will ask about TX level as well.
>
>         Sure would be nice to have an old fashioned screwdriver
> varied level pot!
>
>         This has become yet another of my endless hobby-technology journeys
> ... no combination of apps and hardware ever seem to
> just-work.
>
> Thanks!

Do you really have a Tracker3?  I don't see a USB port on the Tracker3
per the specs at the link below;

https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html

The OpenTracker USB does have a USB port, however.  I have an OTUSB,
and although it worked fine pretty much out of the box with my Kenwood
TM-V7A, others have complained about decoding capability and being
difficult to adjust.  There is a new version of firmware available
that is designed to make things easier - below is a message from the
opentracker forum that Scott Miller sent on August 2nd.  Feedback from
users so far has been positive.

BTW, 'otwincfg' is the Windows application that Tom referred to that
is used for configuring the Agent trackers. It does work for me under
wine in Lubuntu, which is what I am running on my Netbook.