[Xastir] which weather station

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:10:39 EDT 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Has anyone messed with an ArgentData WX station hooked to Xastir?

On the page for the ADS-WS1 weather station it says this:

With the current firmware, serial port 1 puts out 2400 baud data in Peet Bros data logger format and has been tested to work with Virtual Weather Station and Weather View 32.

Anyone know if that means it works with Xastir?  I know we handle some Peet Bros. formats.

This is one of our comments in wx.c:

   // The code currently supports these types of locally-connected or
   // network-connected weather stations:
   //
   //   Peet Brothers Ultimeter 2000 (Set to Data logging mode)
   //   Peet Brothers Ultimeter 2000 (Set to Packet mode)
   //   Peet Brothers Ultimeter 2000 (Set to Complete Record Mode)
   //   Peet Brothers Ultimeter-II
   //   Qualimetrics Q-Net?
   //   Radio Shack WX-200/Huger WM-918/Oregon Scientific WM-918
   //   Dallas One-Wire Weather Station (via OWW network daemon)
   //   Davis Weather Monitor II/Wizard III/Vantage Pro (via meteo/db2APRS link)

Seems likely, but confirmation would be appreciated.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS:  Where it's at!        http://www.xastir.org