[Xastir] Remote headless server options for use with Xastir?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 07:57:29 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just recently set up a Raspberry Pi running DIXPRS with an AX25
> interface to a TNC.  I haven't tried adding ldsped yet, but that's the
> next step.  As Tom said, ldsped will have to be built from source on
> the Rasperry Pi or Beaglebone.  All I have is the binary of ldsped
> that the author sent me about 15 months ago, so I need to request the
> source code.

As it turned out, there was an arm binary for ldsped vailable at the
author's site, so I downloaded and installed it on the Raspberry Pi,
and it worked fine.  Now pretty much any APRS client on the home
network that supports AGWPE interfaces can access the TNC that is
connected to the Rasperry Pi.  DIXPRS is running on the Raspberry Pi
7x24 as a headless IGate while the other apps are used on demand.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT