[Xastir] CallPass possible issue on 64-bit machines?

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 00:09:35 EST 2012

On 12/17/2012 11:41 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 07:32:08PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kf4lvz at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
>> You're just missing the 32 bit libraries.? Install those and things should work normally again.? 64 bit hardware will run 32 bit programs just fine, it's the OS that's complaining.
> That can't be the issue, unless David is using a 32-bit build of Xastir
> on his 64-bit machine.

Hmmm that may be...

> But even then, callpass should not even depend on libXm.  There's something
> really fishy going on with his set up.

Well... I did dump Unity and load Gnome...

I think I am going to move my Xastir off this laptop to a 32-bit laptop
that needs commercial AC 24x7 or better yet to a system that has a
serial port for linking to a TNC so it can also be RF-aware.

I am really not worried about fixing it on this machine as I need to
dedicate this machine to work now that college is finished with me.

--
David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com Go Green! Print this email
only when necessary.