[Xastir] CallPass possible issue on 64-bit machines?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Dec 18 00:35:28 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:09:35AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <david.aitcheson at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> On 12/17/2012 11:41 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > But even then, callpass should not even depend on libXm.  There's something
> > really fishy going on with his set up.
>
> Well... I did dump Unity and load Gnome...

I also dumped Unity (ugh) and use Gnome.  I have the same System 76 Gazelle Pro
machine you do, running the same OS in 64-bit.  Xastir and callpass  run
fine.  There must be a problem with how your Xastir build was done.  Did you
follow the Ubuntu Installation Notes on the wiki?

The fact that you're running Gnome should matter not one whit.  The binary
of callpass wouldn't suddenly depend on libXm just because of that.  callpass
isn't a graphical program, and should not depend on any X-related libraries.

What does "ldd /usr/local/bin/callpass" show?