[Xastir] problems with xastir

Denton Larson wb0zur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:38:39 EST 2012

Hi Everybody,

I did a “re-set” of my Dell Inspiron mini and have Lubuntu 12.10 it
works well. I tried to install xastir and ran into a problem. Below is
what I get,

dlarson at lubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install gpsman gpsmanshp libpcre3-dev
proj libproj-dev libdb4.8-dev python-dev libax25-dev shapelib
libshp-dev festival festival-dev libmagickcore-dev libgeotiff-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libdb4.8-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

Package proj is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'proj' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libdb4.8-dev' has no installation candidate

Any ideas to see what I can do? I am sort of green with Linux programming.

Denton Larson
WB0ZUR
Arlington, MN

--