[Xastir] Weather Warnings Comment text

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:40:00 EST 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI wrote:

> I just noticed that a Winter Storm Watch has been issued for our area.  I'm glad to see Xastir has automatically sent out this object via RF and via aprs.fi.  However, the comment text appears to have been truncated.  The object was LOTWSW and the comment on the object is "Winter Storm Wa"
> That causes some ambiguity between watch and warning.  Is there any way to set it so it at least says "Winter Storm Warning"?  Ideally it's say something like "Wint. Storm Warn exp 1900 THU" as indicated in the bulletin but, hey, maybe we'll get there down the road.
> Just a suggestion.  thanks.

I spoke to Tom about it just to make sure, and looked through src/objects.c prior to that.  Near as I can tell we don't generate any such weather objects in Xastir.

The last heard date on that object is 2012-01-21.  THe header claims it came from AA9VI-13.

So...  Perhaps packets are getting munged somewhere and combined with others?  That's about the best guess I can make for how that object appeared.  Unless someone else is running a program or script to generate them.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"