[Xastir] Weather Wanings Comment Text

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 10:39:12 EST 2012

Curt, the fact that LOTWSW is originating from my station seems correct to me and consistent with what was done in the past with the xastir/data/nws-stations.txt file.  My understanding is Xastir pulls these warnings that you specify in that file and broadcasts an object over RF and the internet when these warnings take effect.  I like the feature and it is quite useful to people in the area.  Do you think the object should not have an originating ham station?
Just want to fix the comment truncation a bit.  One of our VK friends asked if we should mention the season, sort of leave out Winter in the warning.  I think we should keep it only because my area, and more so to the south, we have thunderstorms in the winter from time to time.  So, "Win Stm Warn exp 1200 FRI" or something to that effect is short enough for the mobile rigs to read and informative enough, too.

So, I suggest Winter= WinThunderstorm= TStmTornado= TorFlood= FlodStorm= StmSevere = SevWarning = WarWatch= Wat
kind of like that.
Mike, AA9VI

Message: 5