[Xastir] curl or imagemagick breaking source build?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:35:33 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Mike H <mph at sportscliche.com> wrote:
> Found the problem: xastir cannot build from source with the newest version
> of automake 1.11.2, which became available in December 2011  Rolling back to
> automake 1.11.1 fixes it.
>
> Package updates show up within days of their release in Arch.  The new
> version of automake will start appearing in other distros eventually, so
> this is a heads-up for a potential xastir bug.
>
> Mike WB2FKO

That version of automake is in the testing branch of Debian, so
distros such as Linux Mint Debian and AntiX already have it.  Looks
like there is a clue in the output of the bootstrap.sh script.

    7) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    6) Running aclocal...
    5) Running autoheader...
    4) Running autoconf...
    3) Running automake...
configure.ac:36: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:36: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:19: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:19: installing `./missing'
callpass/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
scripts/Makefile.am:6: `pkglibdir' is not a legitimate directory for `SCRIPTS'
    2) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Not Found
       Attempting to copy it from system directories'
       Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Found!
    1) Generating derived language files.....
Bootstrap complete.

Same error encountered with configure when building from CVS:

checking for Magick-config... /usr/bin/Magick-config
checking magick/api.h usability... yes
checking magick/api.h presence... yes
checking for magick/api.h... yes
checking for library containing WriteImage... none required
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'

Thanks for posting.  I was playing around with building a lightweight
virtual machine with AntiX 11 last weekend, and I saw this, but I
hadn't had time dig into it.

Lee - K5DAT