[Xastir] {Disarmed} KAM not transmitting and solution

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jul 27 12:06:51 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 08:37:21AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wa7nwp at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Or is it the other way around.   The TNC is not in KISS mode and the
> application (Xastir) wants it to be...

Were that the case, Xastir wouldn't have been sending UNPROTO and
MYCALL commands, which are only sent when Xastir's expecting a TNC in regular
serial command mode.

I'm really curious what that non-printable character is.  Stefano:  What
ascii code shows up in that little box you describe?

I'm wondering if this could be a bizarre locale issue, with printf/sprintf
trying to do things under the covers that is breaking the string that
Xastir's trying to send to the TNC.

What is LANG set to on your machine?  Have you tried running xastir from
a command line like this:

 env LANG=C xastir &

?

If that fixes things, it may be that some encoding issue is at fault.