[Xastir] {Disarmed} KAM not transmitting and solution

Stefano Sinagra sinageruk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:01:36 EDT 2012

2012/7/27 Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org>

> Were that the case, Xastir wouldn't have been sending UNPROTO and
> MYCALL commands, which are only sent when Xastir's expecting a TNC in
> regular
> serial command mode.
>
> I second that, and everything works fine when I type the same commands
from a terminal emulator.

> I'm really curious what that non-printable character is.  Stefano:  What
> ascii code shows up in that little box you describe?

It's a Ctrl-C (0x03 / character used to exit from CONV mode).

What I'm pasting comes from the "-v 2" debug output into the console
window, here I'm replacing the 0x03 with [0x03] so that you see where it
appears:

CMD:[0x03]ECHO OFF
CMD:[0x03]ECHO OFF
CMD:[0x03]FLOW OFF
CMD:[0x03]FLOW OFF
CMD:[0x03]HID OFF/OFF
CMD:[0x03]HID OFF/OFF
CMD:[0x03]MSTAMP OFF
CMD:[0x03]MSTAMP OFF
CMD:[0x03]PASSALL OFF
CMD:[0x03]PASSALL OFF
CMD:[0x03]PID OFF
CMD:[0x03]PID OFF
MYCALL IZ0MJE
CMD:[0x03]UNPROTO APX200 VIA WIDE2-2
CMD:[0x03]k
CMD:=4151.13N/01225.45ExXASTIR-Linux
>X:1<=4151.13N/01225.45ExXASTIR-Linux
MYCALL IZ0MJE
CMD:[0x03]UNPROTO APX200 VIA WIDE2-2
CMD:[0x03]k
CMD:=4151.13N/01225.45ExXASTIR-Linux
>X:1<=4151.13N/01225.45ExXASTIR-Linux

So the oddballs, without Ctrl-C, are the "MYCALL" line and the seemingly
not going in CONVerse (k) mode of the TNC. Or possibly going and exiting
immediately after.
I'm not sure why the statup script lines appear twice.

I wish I could have both sides of the pc<>tnc conversation dumped into the
console, as that would  make things easier to read.

What is LANG set to on your machine?

LANG=it_IT.UTF-8

> Have you tried running xastir from
> a command line like this

 env LANG=C xastir &

No change whatsoever.

Oh, by the way here is somebody else with exactly the same issue:
http://tech-tut.com/?p=1624

Thanks everybody for the interest in my problem.
73
Stefano IZ0MJE