[Xastir] {Disarmed} KAM not transmitting and solution

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jul 27 15:13:29 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 09:01:36PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <sinageruk at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>    2012/7/27 Tom Russo <[1]russo at bogodyn.org>
>
>    CMD:[0x03].k
>    CMD:=4151.13N/01225.45ExXASTIR-Linux
>    >X:1<=4151.13N/01225.45ExXASTIR-Linux
>
>    So the oddballs, without Ctrl-C, are the "MYCALL" line and the seemingly
>    not going in CONVerse (k) mode of the TNC. Or possibly going and exiting
>    immediately after.
>    I'm not sure why the statup script lines appear twice.

Yow.  Clearly the TNC is not going into converse mode when Xastir tells it
to.  I have not seen this problem on any TNC I know of, except for the rare
one that doesn't recognize "K" as a synonym for "CONV."

Is the "." before "k" in your example above actually there, or is that an
artifact of how you copied it into the mail?

Does "K" put the KAM into converse mode if you connect to it through a
terminal emulator instead of Xastir?  Does Control-C take it out?

What happens if you open the Interface Control dialog for the TNC and
change the "Converse CMD" from "k" to "CONV"?  Does it still say "?EH"

>    Oh, by the way here is somebody else with exactly the same issue:
>    [2]http://tech-tut.com/?p=1624

Pity he chose to slam the code on a blog instead of asking the user community
for a little help.