[Xastir] Xastir with offline maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 22:45:43 EDT 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Kurt Savegnago wrote:

> I simply moved the old TAMU tiger directory to /usr/local/share/xastir so if I want to use them again, I just swap out the OSM shapefiles to /usr/local/share/xastir and put the tiger maps back in to /usr/local/share/xastir/maps.  Works like a charm.  Perhaps there might be a way to do it from the menu-line without having the superimposition switching from one offline mapset to another.  Seems like anything in /maps is read together even if they are different mapsets.  I don't mind as the manual swapping works fine.

Turn _off_ automaps.

Put each map set in a separate directory under /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/.  You can create any sort of tree you like beneath here, and as long as the user running Xastir can read the directories/files there, you're good to go.  I have lots of directories and subdirectories below my maps directory.

Select the directory with the Map Chooser to switch between map sets.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html