[Xastir] {Disarmed} Xastir Freezes

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 17:16:05 EST 2012

Well, I managed to get the interface 0 hard fail to go away but I cannot prevent Xastir from freezing every time I open up the serial port with the Peet Ultimeter 2100 weather station on it.  I tried USB to serial interfaces and PCI to serial interfaces and I get the same result.  The Debian 6 box is fully talking to the TNC but why not the WX station serial port?  Why would it freeze Xastir?

Then I went as far as blowing away the entire OS, reinstalling, adding my user to the dialout and sudo groups and reinstalling Xastir.  I did the chmod 4755 to /usr/local/bin/xastir

Again, the program freezes as soon as I open the serial port.  I can only get Xastir to relaunch once I clear out the xastir.cnf file.  As soon as I try an open the port with the weather station on it, Xastir freezes.  Again, I can see the data from the serial port easily with minicom.  Xastir is just choking on it.

any ideas?  Day 7 without APRS now.

Mike, AA9VI

Message: 8