[Xastir] Request to add Davis Vantage Pro WX format input

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 12:17:03 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,
Would it be possible to add the WX format output from the program "Weather Display" into Xastir so it can be integrated into the station's APRS output string?  You currently have Meteo with MySQL doing this but I have had a HECK of a HARD time getting Meteo to do anything with my Davis Vantage Pro2.  I was very successful getting this program called Weather Display to play nicely with MySQL.  Xastir just isn't parsing the .txt output string (or I'm not doing something right).

So, Weather Display outputs a file called  WXNOW.TXT and it is in this form:
Mar 14 2012 11:06
240/003g003t071r000p000P000h73b10146

I think the procedure is to open Xastir and specify the a networked WX station and enter the MYSQL port.  But I keep getting an error.  Meteo isn't supported anymore so I'm hoping someone could incorporate Weather Display's output into Xastir.

Thanks,
Mike, AA9VI
---