[Xastir] TH-D72A with Internal GPS working with Xastir

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at cih.uib.no
Sun Mar 18 07:03:59 EDT 2012

On 03/18/2012 01:43 AM, Lee Bengston wrote:

> I thought I read on the APRSIS32 list a while back that people were
> using that software with the THD72A and getting the GPS data, but I
> didn't pay close attention to the details 'cause I don't have a D72A.
>
> Lee - K5DAT

Using the TH-D72 with APRSISCE with the radio in APRS mode allows the
use of the GPS.

It has to be a bug in previous firmware because the GPS data was only
available in APRS-mode or when APRS-mode was off. Turning on the TNC and
the GPS data was gone even after using the TNC commands to enable this
information.

APRSISCE is able to use the TH-D72/TM-D710 when it's in native APRS mode
and in TNC mode.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA