[Xastir] TH-D72A with Internal GPS working with Xastir

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at cih.uib.no
Mon Mar 19 18:08:00 EDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 09:36 PM, John Goerzen wrote:
> If you watch the output from the D72A in minicom or some other serial
> program, you'll see lines that look various ways.
>
> APRS packets will have CALL>DEST sort of appearance.
>
> GPS packets will start with $GPS
>
> It's a real GPS packet, not an APRS packet, and Xastir does the right
> thing with it as far as I can tell.
>
> -- John

I have not been able to verify this.

On v1.05 with TNC v1.00 i'm only getting NMEA data when the radio are in
APRS mode or when the radio is NOT in TNC mode.

This was also true in an earlier versions so maybe only 1.03 this is
working? And then we have to report this to Kenwood once more.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA