[Xastir] TH-D72A with Internal GPS working with Xastir

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Mar 20 11:12:12 EDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 05:08 PM, Kai Gunter Brandt wrote:
> I have not been able to verify this.
>
> On v1.05 with TNC v1.00 i'm only getting NMEA data when the radio are
> in APRS mode or when the radio is NOT in TNC mode.
>
> This was also true in an earlier versions so maybe only 1.03 this is
> working? And then we have to report this to Kenwood once more.

I can confirm this on 1.05 as well.  I don't know, now, whether:

    * I was mistaken on this on 1.03...
    * Or it worked on 1.03

I think it worked, but honestly I tested the APRS mode more closely
because that's the one people were saying didn't work.

I upgraded my radio to 1.05 last Thursday and I'm not sure if it's safe
to go back down to 1.03.  I do have the 1.03 installer if anybody is
running older than 1.03 and wants to try the 1.03 upgrade.

-- John