[Xastir] TH-D72A with Internal GPS working with Xastir

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at cih.uib.no
Tue Mar 20 12:10:29 EDT 2012

On 03/20/2012 04:12 PM, John Goerzen wrote:

> I can confirm this on 1.05 as well. I don't know, now, whether:
>
>     * I was mistaken on this on 1.03...
>     * Or it worked on 1.03
>
> I think it worked, but honestly I tested the APRS mode more closely
> because that's the one people were saying didn't work.

It's the TNC mode that did not work. For the APRS and non APRS/TNC mode
you just had to enable the format you wanted.

> I upgraded my radio to 1.05 last Thursday and I'm not sure if it's safe
> to go back down to 1.03. I do have the 1.03 installer if anybody is
> running older than 1.03 and wants to try the 1.03 upgrade.

It's probably safe but i'm not sure if the software allows you to
downgrade. Anyhow the upgrade has fixed several issues so for me even
the GPS data is not a good argument to downgrade.

We just have to report this "GPS" issue once more to Kenwood so that it
might work on the next version.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA