[Xastir] RAC Database

Jeff Brower jbrower at meteorchaser.net
Fri May 18 12:07:18 EDT 2012

Hi Tom and group,

Unfortunately I don't know perl Tom. I did check out the database format and it looks like Industry Canada added additional/auxiliary club information to the call signs data.  The new format is as below. I think if the script could read up to and including character 209 of the string then things should work with xastir's look up. Is there an easy parsing to clean up this new format?

TIA to any perl coders for their input.

Jeff VA7TZ

    Each record is in the following format:

      FIELD                        STARTING COLUMN   LENGTH
        ~~~~~                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~
      Callsign                               1            6
      Given Names                            8           35
      Surname                               44           35
      Street Address                        80           70
      City                                 151           35
      Province                             187            2
      Postal/ZIP Code                      190           10
      BASIC Qualification (A)              201            1
      5WPM Qualification (B)               203            1
      12WPM Qualification (C)              205            1
      ADVANCED Qualification (D)           207            1
      Basic with Honours (E)               209            1 <--- End here?
      Club Name (field 1)                  211           70
      Club Name (field 2)                  282           70
      Club Address                         353           70
      Club City                            424           35
      Club Province                        460            2
      Club Postal/ZIP Code                 463            7