[Xastir] Moving weatherstation - Solved

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Oct 21 02:30:37 EDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:11:10 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> My WX reports independently through CWOP. On aprs.fi it is stationery,
> on my xastir (compiled from CVS 30th September, it is moving, and it
> moves at the same speed as the wind, and in the same direction.
>
> Is this a feature or a bug?

The weatherstation was not reporting any wind gusts (commented out in
the source) and not replacing the information with ...
Found that in the code, recompiled and now it works appropriately.

Some software (eg aprs.fi) when checking weather reports must do more
error checking and that's why the weather station didn't always move.