[Xastir] Moving weatherstation

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Oct 21 01:54:28 EDT 2012

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:31:45 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> > Does the behavior change if you change the callsign/ssid of Xastir
> > to something different than your external program that's feeding
> > CWOP?
> not tested - I tried to set xastir to the OM's callsign, got a
> suitable callpass calculated but I didn't get any incoming data,
> other than logon confirmation from the servers
> I didn't expect xastir to be able to tell the difference and know it
> wasn't my callsign.....

I tried running the log in another machine with "NOCALL"
Still I got the moving weather station.
The typical sentence in the log is
# 1350780424  Sun Oct 21 11:47:04 EST 2012
VK2XSE>APRS,TCPIP*,qAC,T2QLD:@211147z3415.96S/14606.88E_225/005t072r000p002h49b10152.open2300v1.11
I've advertised on a suitable mailing list for any other user of the
same software with a ham callsign on CWOP but had no answer in the last
4 days so there may not be another station to check.