[Xastir] Fwd: Article on DIXPRS IGate software

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:26:40 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> I am currently running v2.2.2 of dixprs on a RPi as the Igate vk2tv-4. It's
> only been running for two days but looks good. It currently runs with a
> serial KISS TNC but as soon as I create rc.ax25 it will use kernel ax25
> KISS.
>
> Ray vk2tv

I'm currently running DIXPRS 2.2.2 in Debian Squeeze using ax25
networking, so I can vouch for it working with ax25 interfaces.  I can
fire up Xastir on the same machine at any time and share the RF port.
I'm also running APRSIS32 in Wine using an AGW interface to ldsped,
which is providing effectively an AGW to ax25 bridge.

One thing to watch when configuring DIXPRS for ax25 - the interface
reference it is looking for is not the name of the interface in
axports like Xastir wants, it's the network interface - most commonly
"ax0".

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT