[Xastir] ridge radars url

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Sep 12 13:33:58 EDT 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Kevin Paetzold wrote:

> In 2006 I made a tar file available which contained the .geo files for the
> local and regional ridge radars for use by xastir.  I recently noticed that
> they stopped working because the url changed. They used to use
> www.srh.noaa.gov but they now apparently need to use radar.weather.gov.
>
> As a result I updated the .tar.gz file I made available.  It is still
> referenced correctly in the wiki and in any case is still available at:
> http://www.townisp.com/~k1kwp/NWS_Ridge_geos.tar.gz

  Thanks!  The 'great lakes center' regional aggregation is currently
displaying on my xastir 2.0.1 instance.

...I wonder, though...
  The lowest level 'ground clutter' reflections are displaying in a light
grey, and they are obliterating far too much of the base map
(OSM-tiled-osmarender).  Is it possible to change the filter level by some
edit in the .geo file to specify the minimum reflection level to be
displayed as non-transparent?
...or is there a rendering of the OSM maps available which renders the
white background as transparent, so I could put the OSM map on top of the
radar image?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009