[Xastir] ridge radars url

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:30:47 EDT 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Rick Green wrote:

> Thanks!  The 'great lakes center' regional aggregation is currently
> displaying on my xastir 2.0.1 instance.
>
> ...I wonder, though...
> The lowest level 'ground clutter' reflections are displaying in a light
> grey, and they are obliterating far too much of the base map
> (OSM-tiled-osmarender).  Is it possible to change the filter level by some
> edit in the .geo file to specify the minimum reflection level to be displayed
> as non-transparent?
> ...or is there a rendering of the OSM maps available which renders the white
> background as transparent, so I could put the OSM map on top of the radar
> image?

I don't think either one of those options are available.  The best bet might be to tweak the OSM code in your source tree to do the transparency.  You might be able to steal the method for that from the .geo code.  Ask questions if you get stuck.  If you're not a coder/hacker, then maybe somebody else on here might be interested in helping.  If something generally useful results, pass it back and we'll add it to CVS.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u