[Xastir] HF APRS

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:27:27 EDT 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Nate Emmer wrote:

> Newbie question here. I have been doing some research on HF APRS on 30
> meters. This look very interesting to me. Especially in combination with
> PSK63. For example,  the work by WA8LMF (
> http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm). Is there a way to set xastir to do
> something similar? I really would like to use opensource software for this?

The only open-source stuff that I personally know of which might do PSK63 would be Fldigi or the tracker2/tracker3 TNC's (yea, those are open-source).

I played with Fldigi a bit at one time trying to do APRS Messenger format on the air, but suffered from very high local noise on HF and not enough experimenters close enough to me to play.  You're welcome to the stuff I did if you want to play in a similar fashion.  I can't even recall now what format it took, whether it was a script I added or code I changed in Fldigi to do so.  I think it was just a script.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/