[Xastir] Segfault on indexing maps

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Sep 16 17:02:50 EDT 2012

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:34:54 -0500
Steve Rogers <kd5mkv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a link for a Debian Squeeze binary xastir-2.0.1
> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Debian_Squeeze_Binary
>
> steve kd5mkv

Thanks Steve, Tom, Curt, Lee
I installed this suggestion from Steve, which used some older libraries
than I had installed but does work, so it does download online stuff as
well as show the .MAP files from Au APRS site.

Now I can see the errors for the GeoTiffs

*** geoTIFF file /usr/share/xastir/maps/tif/8231s.tif is not in the
proper format: ***** Has 3 samples per pixel instead of 1
*** Please reformat it and try again.

so I will pass the info onto the GIS trained offspring (a surveyor) so
that he can polish up the GeoTiffs. They are the only maps with
sufficient detail for next week's balloon exercise
http://wotzup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/UpLift-2-Flight-Prediction.png

Liz VK2XSE