[Xastir] New SourceForge, user permissions tweaked

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:39:59 EDT 2012

Tom reported that he couldn't mess with bugs/feature requests with the new system.  I just tweaked the permissions so this is the current setup:

   Anonymous users can only READ
   Authenticated users can CREATE and READ
   Developers can CREATE, READ, UPDATE
   Admins can do whatever the heck they want.

With these permissions if there is any spam then it has to have been created by an authenticated user.  That won't stop it, but should reduce it.  If we continue to have a problem with spam we may get rid of CREATE priviledges unless someone has been granted privileges specifically.  There's another group called "MEMBER" that we're not using yet which would work well for this purpose.  We can also create new groups at will with separate privileges.

It looks like the permissions are global across all of the tools, or at least I haven't found any tool-specific permission settings anywhere.  For instance if CREATE is granted, people can create new WIKI pages as well as new Bug Reports.

FYI:  The codebase has not been converted yet, near as I can tell.  I'm pretty sure CVS is going away but I can't find anything that says what the default will be for the new source code control system, and they haven't asked which we would prefer.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u