[Xastir] Olimex A13

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Apr 22 01:15:03 EDT 2013

I recently bought an Olimex A13 SBC as a possible replacement for the
RPi, anticipating speed advantages from the 1GHz processor and 512MB
RAM. The A13 has more I/O options than the RPi - vga video, audio in and
out, three external and one internal USB plus lots of GPIO and such. It
also runs from a 12v supply. The one downside of the A13 is the lack of
on-board ethernet but a $9.00 usb dongle fixed that shortcoming. I
bought the A13 without the internal wifi module and have installed
vanilla Debian 7.0 on the 8GB micro SD card.

Kernel ax25 was compiled without any issues. I struck a couple of
dependency issues compiling xastir but all were resolved - graphicsmagic
instead of imagemagic and compile geotiff and gdal from sources. Xastir
is now working really well with raster maps, well enough that I'm
contemplating an Olimex 7" LCD touch screen with a view to a mobile
installation of xastir.

Ray vk2tv