[Xastir] Olimex A13

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Apr 22 02:03:40 EDT 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:15:03 +1000
Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> I recently bought an Olimex A13 SBC as a possible replacement for the
> RPi, anticipating speed advantages from the 1GHz processor and 512MB
> RAM. The A13 has more I/O options than the RPi - vga video, audio in
> and out, three external and one internal USB plus lots of GPIO and
> such. It also runs from a 12v supply. The one downside of the A13 is
> the lack of on-board ethernet but a $9.00 usb dongle fixed that
> shortcoming. I bought the A13 without the internal wifi module and
> have installed vanilla Debian 7.0 on the 8GB micro SD card.
>
> Kernel ax25 was compiled without any issues. I struck a couple of
> dependency issues compiling xastir but all were resolved -
> graphicsmagic instead of imagemagic and compile geotiff and gdal from
> sources. Xastir is now working really well with raster maps, well
> enough that I'm contemplating an Olimex 7" LCD touch screen with a
> view to a mobile installation of xastir.
>
> Ray vk2tv

Sounds really good Ray.
My problem with mobile screens is not being able to see them at all in
the bright sunlight. I guess your eyes may be even older than mine,
with a 2 letter call sign, so I would be interested in how you go
overall.
I'm using an original eeepc for the car with Xastir.
Liz VK2XSE