[Xastir] make install / menus

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 11:12:05 EDT 2013

We generally leave these sorts of things up to the packager for any
particular OS.  We don't do the packaging as part of the project.
Some of the users (and a few of the developers) do packaging for their
favorite distribution, but not as part of the project...  As
individuals.

That being said, if there's a very generic bit that might work across
multiple distributions, we might consider adding it into the build
system.  Remember however that people also build for OSX, Windows, and
Unix.

I don't tend to launch Xastir from menus anyway, but from an Xterm, so
I don't even know how it appears in the menu structure for OpenSuSE,
which is what I tend to use most often.  I would think the menu
structure would depend on the OS.  I seem to remember something about
my OS of choice building the menu from some generic descriptor for at
least some of the Window Managers.

We do have an icon in "xastir/symbols/icon.png" and
"xastir/src/icon.xbm".  On my system I see it when I minimize the
window.

--
Curt, WE7U