[Xastir] Non communication with radio

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Dec 8 03:06:11 EST 2013

I've just been on a 2000km trip.
I had upgraded the computer which runs xastir in the car and it just
didn't want to talk with the radio.
The radio has a cable which connects to a pl2303 serial-usb interface
and it was being detected and assigned /dev/ttyUSB0.

I found that gpsd was grabbing the device, so I instructed gpsd to
stick to /dev/ttyACM*, which was successful in terms of gpsd running
smoothly but didn't help me with accessing the radio.

I got as far as finding that /dev/ttyUSB0 is rw for root and group
dialout, and that I belong to group dialout.

Obviously after such a trip I'm a bit tired, so what other ideas for
troubleshooting have people got?

Liz
VK2XSE