[Xastir] New board??

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 29 12:03:49 EST 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 05:31:10PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <edodd at billiau.net> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 10:42:44 -0800
> David Ranch <xastir at trinnet.net> wrote:
>
> > I think this is were other boards like the BeagleBone Black,
> > CubieBoard2, etc. will show themselves to be superior at only $10+
> > than the Rpi.  Not only are they dual core, have a significantly
> > more-modern CPU instruction set, etc. but are also more open in terms
> > of drivers, etc.  With that said, the Rpi is still an amazing little
> > board.
>

> I've just blown the power supply on my Pogoplug.

I blew the power supply on my SheevaPlug a year after I purchased it.  While
Globalscale does sell replacements (it turned out to be a very common problem,
as the power supplies are junk), I wound up replacing it with a DC-DC board
from SparkFun:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10104

Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore, but there may be something similar
out there.

This power supply has been working in my SheevaPlug for over 3 years.