[Xastir] a choice of formats

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Feb 9 18:16:59 EST 2013

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 15:40:51 -0700
Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> You will always need to create a dbfawk file for shapefiles that
> aren't one of the standard set for which we provide dbfawk
> templates.  This is the only way to tell Xastir how to do more than
> draw black lines and crosses for polyline and point shapefiles.
>
> There is a tutorial for how to do that on the Xastir wiki.

Is this still true??
==================
Where do I find out what number corresponds to what color?

Sadly, Xastir's color handling is rather old-school, and you can't just
specify a color by giving its RGB values. That's because Xastir still
has code designed to work on ancient 8-bit X displays that used a
pseudocolor table. Xastir allocates a number of specific colors from
the X server when it starts up, and these colors are accessed from an
array by their index into that array. Xastir allocates the colors using
the names that are defined in the "rgb.txt" file associated with your X
server. If you really want to know what the RGB values of these colors
are, find the color name in that file.