[Xastir] dbfawk queries

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Feb 11 00:01:56 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 02:31:52PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <edodd at billiau.net> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:48:44 -0700
> Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> > frustrating, because of how Xastir will use all those variable
> > values.  It is not a task that is optimized for the beginner (or at
> > all).
> >

> Thanks for your attention.
> The result of the placename query is
> 13 Columns,  12 Records in file
> sig:
> FEATTYPE:NAME:FEATREL:ATTRREL:PLANACC:SOURCE:CREATED:RETIRED:PID:SYMBOL:FEATWIDTH:ORIENTATN:TEXTNOTE
> DBF Signatures match! name=YENDA, key=, symbol=, color=8, lanes=1,
> filled=0, pattern=0, display_level=8192, font_size=2, label_level=8192
> label_color=8
> (all 12 records same result)
>
> which provides no insight as to the failure of this place name to
> display at levels >128 and =<8192

I'm a bit at a loss there, too.

> I have checked every .dbfawk in the directory to ensure I haven't left
> any duplicate matches for DBF Signatures, but even that hasn't put
> place names on my map.
> Is there any setting in my Xastir config file which may influence this?

Do you have "Enable map labels" and "enable map levels" turned on?

Do you have your map properties set so that this map is in fact being displayed
at the given zoom level (see the min and max zoom levels in the map properties
dialog).

Is YENDA actually on screen when you're viewing the map?