[Xastir] dbfawk queries

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Feb 10 23:19:06 EST 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:31:52 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> I have checked every .dbfawk in the directory to ensure I haven't left
> any duplicate matches for DBF Signatures, but even that hasn't put
> place names on my map.
> Is there any setting in my Xastir config file which may influence
> this?

Found the logical problem
The populatedplaces.shp wasn't actually activated for the bit of the
map I was looking at
and the names were picked up from builtupareas.shp which was restricted
to zoom 128.

Filled in areas is a setting in xastir config.

Looking forward to tidying up the dbfawk files ready to submit as a
patch

Please note - I know nothing about awk, but a bit about logic, and am
good at cut and paste.
Don't be put off from creating these files because you don't "know how".

Liz VK2XSE